Councillors were thanked by the Chairman for the efforts made to respond to TDBCs Core Strategy which will be submitted by the deadline of 19th August.
A report was received about the successful initial meeting to discuss proposals for teh Queens Diamond Jubilee in 2012. Over 35 ideas were put forward and the Parish Council agreed, in principle to provide some financial support. The next meeting will be on 7th September at 7.30pm in the Victoria Rooms.
Councillors discussed the Police and SCC response to the concerns over speeding through Preston Bowyer. The Police were pursuing the issue through the local Speed Watch Group but the County Council were uanble to offer any practical assistance.
In addition a resident raised strong concerns over inconsiderate parking in the centre of Milverton. She related a string of recent incidents including parking on pavements which obstructed the elderly and young families, damage caused to badly parked cars by a a tractor trying to enter Rosebank Road from Fore Street and the congestion caused by parking in in the narrow street outside the monthly market.
Several footpath issues were reported including access for dogs across the 'Creedwell Field' and blockages on paths towards Lower Lovelynch. The diversions at Preston Farm were also discussed.
Councillors aslo receieved a report from the recent Recreation Ground committee meeting and were intrerested to hear that Pinders Circus was coming to Milverton in September.
The next Parish Council meeting will be on 5th September.
Sunday, 14 August 2011
Tuesday, 2 August 2011
Questions from the Public
- Declarations of Interest and Matters Arising from minutes
a) Applications for Parish Council Decision (See Below)
b) Applications for Parish Council Comment (See Below)
c) Core Strategy
d) Other Planning Matters
- Queens Diamond Jubilee
a) Monthly report
b) Milverton Leaflet
- New Play Area
a) For Information
b) For action/Resolution
- Affordable Housing (Confidential Item)
- Matters to Report
TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING ACT
PLANNING APPLICATIONSPLANNING APPLICATIONS
TOWN & COUNTRY PLANNING ACT 1990
For Decision By The Parish Council
1. 23/11/0019 INSTALLATION OF TWO DORMER WINDOWS IN THE REAR ELEVATION, TWO ROOF LIGHTS IN THE FRONT ELEVATION AND ERECTION OF A SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION TO THE REAR OF HILLVIEW, BUTTS WAY, MILVERTON
For Comment By the Parish Council
2. 23/11/0024 REPLACEMENT OF TIMBER FRAMED WINDOWS WITH DOUBLE GLAZED UPVC TO 3 NO FLATS AND HAIRDRESSERS AT THE OLD GEORGE, FORE STREET, MILVERTON
3. INSTALLATION OF A 10 PANEL SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM TO THE SOUTH FACING ROOF OF OUTBUILDING AT MANSELL HOUSE, FORE STREET, MILVERTON